Welcome to the September 7, 2009 edition of the Carnival of Conservative Conversations.
As always, for our monthly Blog Carnival we select articles from a wide range of topics and expressing a broad range of opinions. This month is no exception. Below you will find opinions, short editorials, commentaries and full articles on such topics the responsibility which Christians hold in the legislative process, a number of opinions on various aspects of health care legislation, energy policy, the deomcratic process and others.
In addition to posting to our monthly Blog Carnival, we encourage you to submit your articles directly to our editor for possible posting on our site well in advance of the next carnival. Please submit your articles, together with any specific attribution requirements and photograph by emailing our editor at email@example.com
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Wenchypoo presents the following artilces, posted at Wisdom From Wenchypoo’s Mental Wastebasket:
I Think I Have Figured It Out…, saying, “Call me crazy, but this hit me last night after thinking about the Glenn Beck show.”
This Just In: Study Names 4 Common Ways to Cut Disease, saying, “Here’s a conversation-starter: Why did I submit this article to your carnival, and if cutting disease is so simple, why are we about to upend health care as we know it? Simple–political gain and social justice for a few.
Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is No Way To Go Through Life, saying, “An article from Prudent Bear Investing.”
CP presents the following articles, posted at Peppered with Salt:
Taft Babbitt presents the following articles, posted at American Sage:
Support Those Who Fight For You, saying, “This article reminds us all to support those who are fighting for causes we believe in. We must not go silent on all days other than election day. There are groups fighting for our values and we need to support them.”
Jon Williford presents:
Betty Kincaid presents:
Phil B. presents:
7 Reasons Why Cash for Clunkers is a Bad Idea « Phil for Humanity posted at Phil for Humanity, saying, “The “Cash for Clunkers” Program only seems like a good idea to stimulate the economy..”
“Jim Wallis, Fascist?” – Humane Pursuits posted at Humane Pursuits, saying, “Cliff May has a piece on NRO today on fascism, in which he argues that if we want to talk about modern fascism, we should really be talking about Osama bin Laden (not George W. Bush or Barack Obama). However, while May is fairly persuasive linking “Islamists” like bin Laden with the Nazis, I think he falls far short from linking them with fascism itself (which is far from synonymous with Nazism).”
Olive Farmer presents:
Mikkal Travvis presents:
Gavin R. Putland presents:
Anthony Delgado presents:
Rick Foreman presents:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of the Carnival of Conservative Conversations using our carnival submission form.
Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.
Related articles by Zemanta
- ACORN Fail (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
- OBAMA AND ACORN: Why did the president feign ignorance of ACORN when his relationship with the grou… (pajamasmedia.com)
- NYT Touts Swiss Insurance System; Ignores Its Own Expert (seminal.firedoglake.com)
- A Spoonful of Saccharine: American People Support Obamacare (If You Define “American People” to Mean “Mostly Leftists”) ” NewsReal Blog (themunz.blogspot.com)
- Summary of T. R. Reid at Commonwealth Club (mikedelongsantafe.blogspot.com)
- France to increase cost of one night in the hospital by 25%! It’s going from $24 to $29. (americablog.com)
- Another take on Obama’s recklessness (powerlineblog.com)
- Letters: Measures of Health Care Success (nytimes.com)
- Late Night: Healthcare Hacks Say the Strangest Things… (firedoglake.com)
- It is heartening to see that lunatics who spread misinformation and lies lose their jobs (iflizwerequeen.com)